Today I run across a job advertisement here in Italy for a full-time position of java web developer in a "leading business solutions company" (as they said...).
The requirements include (but were not limited to):
- 3+ years of Java EE and software implementation best practices (like... write comment over methods?).
- The evergreen web-related bullshits (js, jquery, html, css, jsp, servlet, etc.) and name-appealing architecture (SOA?).
- Deep knowledge of never-really-applied MVC paradigm, algorithm optimization, memory managament, and such.
- Some random frameworks at pleasure.
- A bunch of random application servers and DB, just to be sure.
- Be able to design and optimize some well known DBSM (what? DBA? Naa we have developers for that) and of course all ORM related.
- The unavoidable Unix knowledge to work with Java and, especially, with MS SQL Server.
- Random stuff always present in those ads.
- Excellent english and some arab if possible. You never know who you'll cross.
- And, of course, bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related, becausewe love geeks.
With all these requirements the salary cannot be too bad, won't it?
Well... 1000€ net monthly.
Ah, did I mention that this is for a 6 month lenght contract?
Yes, being a developer in Italy sux.